Monday, October 1, 2012

Victorian Sisters ~ 1903 Ephemera

"A sister can be seen as someone
who is both ourselves and very much not
ourselves - a special kind of double."

~ Toni Morrison ~

 
I've been wanting to share these Victorian sisters with you, but they needed a makeover first.  Looking below at the "before & afters," you might notice a problem for both was their eyes.  Somehow, the printing wasn't lined up.  The sister wearing red also had suffered some water damage, right down the middle of her face.  It took quite a bit of playing around to get the "after" result, but it was worth it.  It's rewarding to reveal their intended beauty!
 

I used one of my pretty digital papers 
for the "before & after" background.

Here are their close-ups! 



The image below is what's found
on the reverse side of Columbia's Daughters.
Here's a tinted version also.


Thank you so much
for taking time to visit!



10 comments:

  1. I have to say your quotes always pull me in:) So special indeed.Not sure if you have a sister but they are one of life's sweetest gifts. I have four,now four daughters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy :) That's amazing to me that you were blessed with all of those sisters, and your daughters... I am the eldest sibling of two ~ the other being my brother. Growing up I always wondered what it would be like to have a sister. Along the way, God's placed a few very special women into my path, and so now I feel like I do know what it's like to have sisters... at least, a little :)

      Delete
  2. I love your vision of perspective and the correlations you share - you have been blessed with a special gift that touches the heart of me. Thank you for sharing this very amazing part of yourself.

    Blessings-
    tabitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tabitha :) I've always enjoyed reading quotes. I always wanted to memorize them or use them somehow. Now that I'm looking them up quite a bit, I'm remembering them. Sometimes I have no idea what quote will go at the top of my post, other times I know exactly which one to use. I love how everything comes together ~ many times in unexpected ways :)

      Delete
  3. You did a lovely job making over these ladies, Megan. Thanks for sharing these.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! You did an amazing job on their makeovers... I don't think I would have picked up on the problem with their eyes, especially in the "Western Girl"! Thank you!

    I love the poem, too... will have to share it with my four sisters.♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat ~ I almost didn't do anything with the Western girl's eyes, but she ended up looking better, I think. Plus I know it would've bugged me until I fixed it ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the poem, and I'm sure you all can relate to it :)

      Delete
  5. Love, Love your sisters and the quote you have with them.. I have one sister by birth and one really special friend that says we are sisters even if were weren't born as sisters.

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have a special friend like that, isn't it? Don't know what I'd do without the sisters I've picked up along the way :)

      Delete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa